Dr. Rajat Goel
Primus Super Speciality Hospital
MBBS (MAMC), M.S (LHMC), DNB, MNAMS, F.MAS, FIAGES, FICS, FAIS, FACS, FCLS, FIMSA, FALS, FMIS SINGAPORE, MABS TAIWAN, HOD Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery
Dr Rajat Goel, is a trained Minimal Access and Bariatric surgeon having done his MBBS from prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College, and MS (Master of surgery) from Lady Hardinge Medical College with advanced laparoscopic training at Taiwan, Singapore and USA with 14 years experience of general and advanced laparoscopic surgeries and more than 630 Bariatric cases. His prime area of interest is Bariatric surgery and he has distinction of operating Bariatric patients from 22 countries and patients form different states of India. He is also specialized in all aspects of open and laparoscopic General surgery, Bariatric surgery and Single port (Scarless) Surgery. He is also very much in research with 19 international publications and more than 100 published abstracts and 4 chapters in books and with all possible fellowships and memberships.
- Presently working as Head of Department Bariatric and Laparoscopic Surgery at Primus Superspeciality Hospital Delhi.
- Past Incharge Bariatric and Laparoscopic Surgery RG stone hospital (All Over India).
- Qualified as MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi in 2002 (First Attempt).
- Qualified as MS in General Surgery from Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi in 2006 (First Attempt)
- Qualified as D.N.B. General Surgery in May 2007 (First attempt).
- Cleared MRCS Part 1 and Part 2 examination in September 2005 (First Attempt).
- 1 year Fellowship in Minimally invasive and Bariatric surgery at National University Hospital, Singapore under Prof.
- Davide Lomanto, from 5th April 2010 to 4th April 2011.
- F.MAS (Fellowship in Minimal access surgery) from World Laparoscopy Hospital in May 2011 recognized by SAGES, IAGES, WALS and EAES.
- FIAGES: Fellow of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal and Endo-surgeons.
- MNAMS: Member of national academy of medical sciences.
- FICS: Fellow of International College of Surgeons.
- 6 months Clinical Fellowship at Bariatric & Metabolic International Centre at E-Da Hospital, 1st centre of excellence for Bariatric surgery in Asia-Pacific region, Kaohsiung Taiwan, under Prof Chih Kun Huang from 5th July 2011 till 15th December 2011.
- FAIS: Fellow of Association of surgeons of India.
- FACS: Fellow of American college of surgeons.
- FCLS: Fellow of international college of laparoscopic surgeons.
- Observership Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, USA under Prof Steven Wexner from 3rd January to 31st January 2012.
- Worked as Consultant Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery at Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon from 7th May 2012 till 4th January 2013.
- 1 year work experience as intern, 2002, MAMC.
- 3 years of experience in General surgery from 2003-2006 in LHMC during postgraduation.
- Worked as Senior Resident in General Surgery in LHMC from June 2006 till December 2008 and performed independent minor, major and emergency surgical procedures (Laparotomies and trauma).
- Performed all Major bariatric surgeries (470 cases) including Laparoscopic Sleeve gastrectomy, Laparoscopic gastric bypass, Laparoscopic Mini Gastric bypass, SILS bariatric surgery, Banded Sleeve and Gastric bypass and Laparoscopic revision bariatric surgeries.
- Special interest in Bariatric surgery, single port, and minimally invasive surgery.
- Completed 1 year Fellowship in Minimally invasive and Bariatric surgery at National University Hospital in Singapore, from 5th April 2010 to 4th April 2011.
- Performed all major advanced minimal access surgeries like Laparoscopic TAPP, TEP for inguinal hernia, Laparoscopic Incisional, Epigastric and Hiatal hernia repair, Laparoscopic Fundoplication, Laparoscopic Heller’s Cardiomyotomy.
- Performed advanced Laparoscopic Gynecology surgeries like Total laparoscopic hysterctomy, and myomectomy.
- 2 weeks Laparoscopy training at World Laparoscopy Hospital, awarded F.MAS. Fellowship no. FMAS/M/1319/10.
- Completed 6 months Fellowship and Bariatric and Metabolic surgery at E-Da Hospital, Kaohsiung Taiwan, from 5th July 2011 to 15th December 2011.
- Observership, Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Florida, USA from 3rd January to 31st January 2012.
- Good experience in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery including: Right hemicolectomy, segmental colectomy, rectal prolapse repair, LAR (Low anterior resection).
- Stapled hemorrhoidectomy and LIFT (Ligation of intersphincteric fistula repair) for Fistula in Ano.
- Worked as Consultant Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery at Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon from 7th May 2012 till 4th Jan 2013.
- Past Head of Department Bariatric and Laparoscopic Surgery at Primus Superspeciality Hospital Delhi.
- Presently working as In charge Bariatric and Laparoscopic Surgery RG stone hospital (All Over India).